Friday, October 17, 2014

Thankful Layout / Chickaniddy Crafts

Hey there, everyone!  I'm so excited to share a layout I created for Chickaniddy Crafts that centers around being Thankful.  There is nothing I am more thankful for than my two sweet girls!  It's a rare occasion that they're in a photo together, so I just had to scrap these.  This layout was up on the Chickaniddy blog a few days ago HERE.


Supplies Used:  SC140S06 Autumn Haze, SC140S02 Home Sweet Home, SC140S05 Hay Ride, SC140S03 Pumpkin Spice, SC140S11 Frolic in the Leaves, SC140S08 Friends and Family, SC14EB02 Alpha Stickers, SC14EB02 Shape Stamps, SC14EB08 Mini Brads, SC14EB07 Mini Sticker Sentiments, SC14EB02 Sticker Sheet, SC14EB03 Journal Tags, SC14EB04 Die-Cut Tags; Other--cardstock, Silhouette Cameo, thread, sewing machine, Heidi Swapp Color Shine & Ink, Tiny Attacher, Stampabilities Ink, washi tape.

Here is how I created my layout:

1.  I just had to start with this gorgeous Autumn Haze paper as my background.  The denim paper is another favorite, and I love how the pretty blue contrasts against those Fall colors.  I created lots of patterned paper layers first, and then decided where to place my photos.  I had the circle die cut laying on my desk from another project, so I layered that in as well.

2.  I used a few of the flowers from the Sticker Sheet and then used stamps to create the blue flowers. I wanted to mimic that denim color, so I pulled out a blue Heidi Swapp ink pad and stamped the image onto cardstock.  I was very pleased that the texture of the cardstock made the flower look denim!  VERY cool!  I like how it ties in that blue color around the page.

I don't know if you've seen these new stamps, but they're so much fun to play with!  Check out how I used the flowers on this layout.




3.  I added one in this corner cluster on top of a die-cut frame, journal tag and sticker.  And the mini brads make perfect centers for these flowers!


Here are the coordinating brads.  Aren't those colors so yummy?  Yes!


4.  I used more of them here.  Something I just added to my scrapping style is machine stitching!  I finally gave it a try, and now I'm hooked.  Love how it ties the whole layout together.


I hope this inspires you to scrap what you're thankful for!  And I hope this has shown you some fun ways to use this amazing collection!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love that background paper, Missy!! The b&w w photos look great with all of the color and I love the fun die cut circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww those are special photos for a wonderful page! I love it!

    ReplyDelete