Sunday, March 8, 2015

Just Be You / Hip Kit Club

Happy Sunday, friends!  Are you in shock from the time change?  I really love this time of year, but this day is so hard because of losing an hour.  It feels like you're running late all day.  This should happen on a Friday so we have two days to adjust...

Here's my fifth layout using the 2015 February Hip Kits.  The March Kits have been shipped...Kimberly had a heck of a time with getting some of the product sent to her, so they were delayed a bit.  I can't wait to get mine...they look absolutely gorgeous!  I still have plenty of February Kit goodies left, so I created this one for the blog earlier this week.

I started with a sheet of grey cardstock from the Cardstock Kit.  I decided to go bright and bold against the soft grey.  The pink Bubblegum Dylusions from the Color Kit worked beautifully...it stayed really bright and just pops right off the page.  I added a bit of red and dark grey splatters to compliment the reds and darker colors in the papers and embellishments.


I decided to go with a grid design.  I knew I wanted to use that MME "Just Be You" die cut card, so I added this pink polka dotted piece for my 4th rectangle.  The rest is little doo dads from the kit...MME die cut pieces, enamel dots & rub-ons, Crate Paper chipboard,  Evalicious stickers and wood veneers...and lots of thread and stitching.


Here you an see the top part...I layered a few goodies here, and I traced around the title die cut with a black pen to make it pop.


Here's another shot of it.  I wish I had an endless supply of those gold rub-ons...they go on SO smoothly and easily.


This pink has to be my favorite...it's so bright and pretty!  I sprayed some onto my paint tray and just used my paint brush to "paint" it on my paper...just like I'd do with watercolor.


Thanks so much for checking in with me today...I'm off to create yet another layout with this kit!  They are SO full of amazing products...I just love them :)

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning!! Loooove the bright and bold colors against the grey!!! The grid design is beautiful with all of the embellishments! Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is amazing Missy! I love the way all of the colors pop on the Gray cardstock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors on the grey, what a great idea. So did you pour the mist or brush it to get that look? I love it!

    ReplyDelete