Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sweet Reese / Hip Kit Club + a process video!

Happy Sunday!  I'm so excited to share my first layout using the 2015 March Hip Kits from Hip Kit Club!  They are so gorgeous...everything is just so well put together.  I did make a process video showing how I created this layout, so you can watch it and check that out if you'd like.

I started off with white cardstock and the goodies from the Color Kit.  I created the circles using one of the Dylusions stencils and some of my own gelatos.  The green colors are from the Distress Paint included in the kit.  I mixed in some teal watercolors for the darker drops.  For some reason, I was in the mood to create a banner, so that's what I did.  I grabbed my triangle punch and a few of the patterned papers and made one.


I recreated the mixed media from the top of the layout here on the bottom portion and made sure each of the colors was represented.  I added a flair button, one of the cute exclusive die cuts, some puffy stickers, some Crate Paper sentiment stickers, some patterned paper, some alphas and my journaling.


Here's a close up of the banner.  I used my machine to stitch it down and flipped up the points.  I also used the paint to color that "Cutie" wood veneer.


Here's another angle of the bottom...I did add some gold stitching and some tangled white thread for added texture.


I can't get enough of the shiny gold in the kits!  It just adds some pizzazz to the page, I think.  That "Hello Everyday" card is from the Project Life Kit.


I hope this gives you some inspiration on what you can do with the items in the kits!  Here's my video if you'd like to check it out:


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow. Wow!!!!
    Soooooo pretty! I love the colors! I LOVE the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Missy! I loved the video too, can I ask how you film?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Missy! Love this palette, especially with the addition of the kraft and gold bits! Such a beautiful design, and so many stunning elements to inspire! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty layout Missy! I love the colors you pulled from the Kit and the banner adds such a fun look to your layout!!

    ReplyDelete