Sunday, May 17, 2015

Lovely Ladies / Hip Kit Club (with Process Video) + JUNE Hip Kit Reveal!

Hey there, friends!  I have a lot to share with you today.  First up is my latest layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2015 May Kits. I also used a few bits from the April and March kits.  I began this whole design around the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Washi Tape booklet.  It's full of fun and bright colors, so I started with using various strips on white cardstock. 

I added a bit of gesso and then came in with some of the yellow paint dabber in this month's Color Kit.  I also used the Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink from the March Color Kit.  I love the messy and random look of this, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

The FUN FUN FUN is from one of the adorable little stencils, and the LOVELY piece is from last month's Thicker sheets.  I love that these kits are easy to mix and match together.


These cute wood veneer pieces are from Evalicious, and I colored this one with yellow paint.  I also used some of the fun circle stamps from Chickaniddy.  I did add my own machine stitching in black...such a fun and quick way to add interest and texture.


The Paint Dabbers work beautifully through stencils, and they dry pretty quickly.  I love the mixture of colors here...the washi tape was so fun to work with, and it took the paint nicely after I added the gesso first.  Those HELLO enamel stickers are from Chickaniddy, and the pink 3 epoxy sticker is AC and it's from last month's kit.


This piece is actually from a Project Life card, and I just cut this part out and stitched through it.  I also added in a Pink Paislee transparency and tag and a cute Evalicious puffy sticker camera.


Here's a look at the layers and stamping...I love stamping on layouts!  These circles remind me of messy tangled thread when they overlap like this.


And one more close up of the title area.  This is a mix of Thickers, Chickaniddy, Elle's Studio and more Thickers.  Mixing up alphas is such a fun way to keep things interesting!


Here's the video of how this layout was put together if you'd like to watch.  Enjoy!


And here is the reveal of the incredibly gorgeous 2015 JUNE KITS!!  I cannot wait to get my hands on them!!

2015 June Main Kit


2015 June Embellishment Kit

2015 June Color Kit

2015 June Project Life Kit

2015 June Patterned Paper Kit

2015 June Cardstock Kit

Aren't the colors just soooo pretty?!  Make sure to visit the Hip Kit store to reserve your kits today!

Thanks so much for visiting me....have a GREAT day!  And don't forget to visit my YouTube channel...I have a 500 Subscriber Giveaway going on through next weekend!  There are few prizes up for grabs!

3 comments:

  1. There is so much texture and depth on this layout - I just love it! I also loved watching your process in the YouTube video! What do you use to edit and record your voiceovers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! ❤️ That layout...I LOVE the background!! I can't wait to check out the video and see how it all come together!!! And the June kit...swoon! Magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and fantastic layout! Love all the bitty details!

    ReplyDelete