Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Awesome Day / My Mind's Eye

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I have another layout for My Mind's Eye to share today.  I used the beautiful On Trend collection here mixed with a little Fancy That and Jubliee lines.  I was first inspired by the Niche "On Trend" Frameables.  They are fun designs that are ready to be put into a frame to hang on the wall or display in your home.  I wanted to use this large "Awesome" on a layout, so I just cut it right out.  I found this awesome Heart Burst cut file from The Cut Shoppe and backed it with several patterned papers.  I stitched with gold thread through every other burst.

I used a bit of modeling paste down on the bottom part of the page and used Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint to bring some of the mint green down there. 


Here you can see the texture from the cut file and the stitching.  I added some tissue paper and some fun gold stickers behind my photo as well as some fussy cut leaves.  I added in a few chipboard buttons and some shiny gold rub-ons.


Modeling paste is so much fun to use...it gives such great texture and can be a very subtle design element.  I used some green paint to make it pop a bit more and then added some gold Color Shine.  I love this large title from the frameable...I love the scripty font!  I layered some gold tangled thread behind it and added a few chipboard banner pieces to the right and stitched them down.


Here's a better look at the banner.  I love the gold dots! Those fun "DAY" stickers are from Fancy That, and that cute brad is from the On Trend set.


I recently purchased some of Heidi Swapp's new gold texture paste, and it is just beautiful!  I used it with a lined stencil here and it turned out just gorgeous...very shiny and pretty.  I layered in some gold dotted washi tape, a sticky note from Jubliee Mint Julep and some fussy cut leaves.  There are also a few 3x4 Journal Cards layered in there.


Thank you so much for stopping by today...have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I love the big Heart Burst in the background Missy, and the colors from this collection are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! The details, stitching, design and that AWESOME oversized title... totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! Love this!! The way the patterned paper is like sun rays! And the modeling paste with the color on top!! ❤️ This is brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete