Saturday, July 11, 2015

2 Girls Going Places / The Cut Shoppe & CSI Team Up

Happy Weekend, friends!  Have you seen the Team Up going on with The Cut Shoppe and CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration?  Last week, this week and next week, the two teams are teaming up to bring you tons of fun scrapbooking inspiration.  The Cut Shoppe is playing along with Case Files 169 - 171, and the CSI Team is using some of Ashley's cut files along with the Case Files.  It has been fun, and today I'm sharing the project I created using Case File 170.  You can see all the details of the challenge rules on the CSI Blog.



Here is the layout I created using Case File 170.  I incorporated the color scheme, and I used arrows, banners, triangles and flair.  There is a big list of things you can choose from to use.  I really like how this came together.  I used the Sci-Fi Circles and World Traveler cut files.  I cut the background file on white cardstock and glued it down to another piece of white cardstock.  I covered all of that with clear gesso.  After it dried, I used gelatos and Color Shine to create the red, blue and green watercolor effect.  Once it was dry, I thought it looked a little too busy, so I used some of the cut out ovals and placed them back into some of the open oval areas.  It helped to break it up and just looked better to me.


I cut "going places" from the World Traveler cut file and used Color Shine to color it.  Very easy and fun to do!


I pulled papers from my stash (very old papers....some from 2008) to match the color scheme.  I also used a bit of tissue paper behind my photo.  I used a few flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons and some green tangled thread.


I pulled a matching green arrow from Freckled Fawn from my stash and some embellishments and die cut stickers from the American Crafts Shimelle collection.  My friend and I were starting our second road trip day bright and early, so I used this cute alarm clock as well as some of the cute suitcases in the collection.


The suitcases were fussy cut from a transparent overlay.  I colored that cute Road Trip wood veneer with Color Shine.  I used a triangle punch to create that cute banner.


Here are the cut files I used, which are available in the store HERE.


Be sure to check out the CSI Blog and The Cut Shoppe store...and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. This is SO fun!! Love the colors, and the ovals are awesome! I just love the way the colors work so well with the photo! Such a great title too! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing the different backgrounds you create, Missy! The colors on the Sci-Fi Circles cut file look really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete