Friday, July 17, 2015

Florida Sunshine / A Flair For Buttons

It's Friday....yeah!  I hope you all are doing well today.  I'm back with another layout to share.  I created this layout for the A Flair For Buttons & Simple Stories Product Swap.  It was up on the AFFB Blog last week.  I hope you were able to leave comments on those blogs and hopefully you won a prize!

Here are the flair buttons that Shelley created just for this Summer Vibes line!  Aren't they gorgeous?


The team received the gorgeous Summer Vibes collection, and I created two layouts incorporating the exclusive Flair Buttons made to match the collection.  I started with some of the yellow patterned paper (it's woodgrain on the other side).  I have so many pool pictures, and this one just screamed SUMMER!  I used spray inks, watercolors and gelatos to create that watercolor effect on the background.  I did give it a light coat of white gesso first so the wet elements wouldn't ruin the patterned paper.  I knew I'd be adding a lot of water, so the gesso helps to protect the paper.  It also give it a bit of a white space to color on.  After that dried, I used a sunburst stencil and some Mustard Seed Distress Ink to create some sun rays in the background.


I used this gorgeous flair button right here.  I layered some tangled thread behind it and added a cut sun sticker behind it as well. 


This ombre flair button is my favorite...I wish I had 10 more!  I layered it on top of this chipboard frame along with some thread.  I love adding thread...it gives a little more interest and adds a pop of color.


Here you can see the background a little more and a lot of stickers :)  I love that Simple Stories always includes these fun words and sentiments in their sticker sheets.  And this grid paper  made my journaling nice and straight.


Even if you didn't take part in the Product Swap Blog Hop each day last week, you can still visit the Simple Stories blog and the A Flair For Buttons blog and check out all the gorgeous inspiration!  It really was fun to see how everyone used the same collection and same flair buttons.

I'll be back in a few days to share my other layout.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOOOVE this!!! The colors are awesome!! That flair...I must have it!!!! And the colors on your layout are wonderful!! It's summer on a page!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you tied the two groupings together with your words. And love how you made the mixed media work with SS, truly artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunburst is so awesome on this layout, Missy! I love all of the bright Yellow and the way you used the Flair Buttons!

    ReplyDelete