Sunday, July 19, 2015

My Little Mermaid / Hip Kit Club + AUGUST KIT REVEAL!

Hey there, everyone!  It's Sunday, and I have my very first layout for Hip Kit Club using the awesome 2015 July Kits!  Seriously...the colors...I mean seriously!  Could the be any more beautiful and bright?  I have to say the colors are what inspired me this time right off the bat.  I wanted to incorporate the October Afternoon chevron paper in the mix, so I cut several pieces into chevron arrows. 

I began with a piece of the light kraft cardstock from the Cardstock Kit and the fun Heidi Swapp Stencil from the Color Kit.  I used modeling paste first over the stencil to create some bumpy texture.  Then I came over that with white gesso.  Next I added that watercolor effect to the background by using some teal ink spray from my stash mixed with the Citron Distress Ink from the Color Kit.  It's a gorgeous bright green, and it mixed beautifully with the teal.  I also added in some drops of yellow by combining the Lemon Zest Dylusions (March Color Kit) with some of the yellow Daisy Avery Elle ink from June's Color Kit.


I used some strips of the Simple Stories Paper Tape pack and stitched through them along side the chevron arrow pieces.  I also used a few pieces of chipboard from Crate Paper.


I just love the exclusive Project Life cards in these kits...this one is my favorite!  I tore it just because I love to tear things (haha) and created a little cluster down below the title.  I used one of the small chipboard frames from Simple Stories and one of the Heidi Swapp wood veneer arrows.  I added tangled thread and stitched it all down.  Those cute puffy stickers are from October Afternoon.  So is that stamp down at the bottom....it's a roller stamp!


More chipboard here!  A cute CP umbrella and another of the SS frames.  I adhered this cute flair button from OA and again added more tangled thread.


Here's a close-up of the background watercolor and texture.  I seriously can't get enough of doing this technique...it's just so fun and the result is always so pretty to me.  And sometimes you get the prettiest shades by mixing colors.


One last close up of the title.  I combined that cute chipboard HELLO banner with some of the OA teal alphas and the kraft Thickers.  I really love how the kraft letters look on the kraft paper.  I also used a bit of the Abandoned Coral Distress Paint from the Color Kit to give some color to that wood veneer arrow.


Here's how I created this layout from start to finish if you'd like to watch...hope you enjoy!


And now....let's take a look at the gorgeous AUGUST HIP KITS!!







Please visit the Hip Kit Club for more information on how to join or purchase any of these kits!  There are also lots of past kits still available.  Please visit our blog and also you can join in on our Hip Kit Member Forum on Facebook!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Love this! Love this!! And I'm in total love with the title! It's so adorable!!!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kraft background really makes the colors on this layout pop, Missy! And I love all of the texture you added to this page!!

    ReplyDelete