Sunday, July 26, 2015

She's So Fun / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, friends!  I'm back today to share my latest layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2015 July Hip Kits.  I decided to go big, bold and busy for this one.  I started out with the floral October Afternoon paper, the red paper from Crate Paper Journey, the light pink piece from Crate as well, and the striped paper from Fancy Pants.  Once I adhered all that down, I added a lot of white gesso over a big chunk of it.  Once that dried, I used several inks and sprays to create my watercolor background.  I used the plastic packaging technique for a lot of it.

You can see how I did that in detail in my process video down below :)


This fun Heidi Swapp stamp comes in the Color Kit this month, and I decided to stamp it and then emboss it.  I used the clear embossing powder from last month's kit.  I used a few of my gelatos to color it blue.  I layered in an Elle's Studio wood veneer that I colored with Dylusions and then worked my title around it all.  That little heart is also from Elle's Studio, and those cute enamel dots are OA.  I added in some tangled thread (big surprise!) and some stitching.


Here you can see the gesso and mixed media as well as more stitching.  That cute stamp is a roller stamp from OA that is included in the kits.  The flair button is also OA.  I just love all of these colors together!


I just love layers...especially behind my photo.  I layered in some tissue paper and a few Project Life cards.  I added in one of the Simple Stories chipboard frames and a few die cut pieces from Elle's Studio. Those cute puffy stickers are OA.


I do not do Project Life, but I always get the PL Kit because of the gorgeous exclusive designs!  They are always so beautiful, and as you can see, they make great additions to 12x12 layouts.  I love using them as layering pieces.


Here's one last close-up of the title area.  I love how the flowers from the background paper are still slightly visible through the ink.  This is a great way to tone down busy paper if you still want to use it as a background but don't want to over power the photo and other embellishments.


Here's my process video if you'd like to watch.  Hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I love the floral paper for your background Missy! Such a gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing! Love the details and how you totally put your own "Missy" style all over it! Hi-ya!!!

    ReplyDelete