Friday, August 28, 2015

Life is Good / My Scraps & More

Happy Friday, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a layout made using Sketch #112 over on the My Scraps Sketch Blog.  The amazingly talented Gina Lideros designed it, and I had an absolute blast designing with it!  Check it out and you can get the free cut file to help you create this if you have a die cutting machine.

I used the beautiful Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss line and a fun photo of me enjoying a fruity beverage in Las Vegas :)  I backed each hexagon with a different patterned paper and then did a bit of gelato work on top of that.  I added splatters of ink in a few colors and did some gold machine stitching around each hexagon.  I really love how it all turned out!


Aren't these colors just yummy?!  I love these fun puffy stickers.  I had to use them for my title.  I love how the light aqua looks against the orange, and that lemon yellow is so pretty!


This collection has some really fun chipboard and die cut pieces.  I couldn't wait to use this picture with these goodies...I need to drink more fruity beverages just so I can scrap them with this collection...haha :D


I couldn't resist using this adorable flamingo, and I had to add a pop of orange with the thread.  I really love how the gold stitching turned out.  It took a while to go around every shape, but it was worth it, I think.


You can check out my process video of this layout if you're interested in seeing how it all came together.  I hope you enjoy and get some inspiration!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to join us for the Sketch challenge!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I sad it before, but those hexes are ROCKING!! Love the patterned papers you picked and how bright and FUN this!! Totally love those embellishments and the thread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this over at My Scraps and had to pop over and let you know how much I *love* it! You have such a talent for layers and colours, but this one with the added element of hexagons... just WOW.

    ReplyDelete