Saturday, August 15, 2015

Soak It Up / A Flair For Buttons

Happy Weekend, friends!  I'm back today to share my latest layout for A Flair For Buttons.  I used flair from two sets on this layout...the Bright Summer Colors 2 and Tropical Vacation sets.  You know I love creating bright and fun pool layouts, so I couldn't resist these awesome Summer flair!  I used the awesome Echo Park I Love Sunshine collection for this.

I wanted to try something different, so I started with white cardstock (not the different part...haha) and several random stamps.  I used clear embossing ink and powder to create all these different shapes.  The embossing powder made them all raised and shiny.  Next, I came in with a rainbow array of gelatos.  I just smudged some color onto the page and then used a baby wipe to blend them.  The embossed parts act as a resist.  It was SO much fun...baby wipes blend the gelatos in such a smooth way...it's totally different than using a brush or your finger.  Try it!!!


I've had this rainbow striped flair in my stash for a while just waiting on the perfect page...and this was it!  I love how it brings together all the colors in the layout.  I fussy cut "Soak" from one of the patterned papers and paired it up with some older Lily Bee alphas.  The white space in my photo was the perfect place for my title to sit.  Here you can also see the shiny embossed stamping and how cool the gelatos look.


I just had to use this cute sun flair as an actual sun...in some clouds :)  Something I love to do with my flair is create a little "nest" for it to sit in using thread.  I have no idea why I like this...other than I just do.


 More embossed areas.  If you've never embossed before...it's truly a magical thing to watch as your heat gun melts the powder.  It becomes glossy and shiny right before your eyes :)  It's the little things that mesmerize me...haha :D


My third flair...I knew this one would be an awesome subtitle, and the colors are perfect.  I layered more tangled thread here and added a few stickers to the area.


Another technique I've been enjoying lately is hand drawing and fussy cutting letters from patterned paper.  I did this here on a smaller scale and then stitched through it.  I also added this fun chipboard piece with more thread.


And here are the Flair Sets I used:

Bright Summer Colors 2

Tropical Vacation

Make sure you visit Shelley's Etsy Shoppe...she has some new flair coming soon!  Everything she creates is amazing, and you can't have enough flair!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment