Thursday, November 19, 2015

Always Butterflies / November CREATE Magazine

Happy Thursday, friends!  This week the November 2015 issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE Magazine was released, and there are over 200 pages of gorgeous layouts and projects inside!  I have one layout and one off-the-page project published this month.  You can go HERE to download your FREE copy!

I'm sad to say, though, that this is the final issue of CREATE.  Debbie's life has gotten even more hectic these days, and so she made the decision to close the magazine.  It has been an amazing year working with her and our very talented design team.  I want to give a huge thank you to her for asking me to be a part of the 2015 Design Team.


I was assigned the Journaling Challenge this month, and the challenge was to use or write a Thank You note or letter as your journaling.  I couldn't think of a better person to thank than my awesome husband, so I wrote him a little note on this page.  I found this amazing quote on Pinterest and went with the butterfly theme.

I used some die cut butterflies that I created on my Cameo and then adhered them to white cardstock.  I heavily coated it all with white gesso.  I used gelatos, watercolor pencils and various inks to paint all around the edges of the butterflies and create this awesome watercolor look.   I used a few rub-ons and die cuts from Crate Paper, some sequins, a die cut from Cocoa Vanilla and some washi tape from my stash.


I love this quote!  I wanted the look of airy light butterflies flying everywhere, and I was so happy when my page turned out better than I imagined!  I combined a rub-on with a die cut for my title, and I printed the quote on vellum.


Those grey leaves are from Cocoa Vanilla.  I just used a Martha Stewart heart punch for this yellow heart.  And as always, I added some tangled thread for more texture and interest.


Here's the bottom of the page...just a bit of striped washi tape, some sentiment stamping (Maggie Holmes Shine), another little butterfly, some stitching and a cute sequin.


I love the texture here!  The gesso really did a great job of making this look so neat... I really love how it turned out.


Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out the CREATE Magazine and see all the gorgeous projects inside!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wowzers! Your layout is BEAUTIFUL! Those butterflies! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete