Thursday, November 5, 2015

Leaf Hunt / Freckled Fawn Guest Designer

Happy Thursday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my second layout I created for my Guest Design spot over at Freckled Fawn last month.  I worked with the October Woodland Kit, and it is perfect for a layout about leaves.  I used the Funky Florals cut file from The Cut Shoppe to create these beautiful leaves that coordinate with the adhesive felt leaves in the kit.

I added just a bit of aqua acrylic paint to the background, and I used it and some gelatos to paint my leaves.  I used a bit of spray inks to create splatters and I went minimal on everything to really make the Freckled Fawn embellishments shine.


I added some gold machine stitching to my big die cut leaves.  This fun "bloom & grow" piece is from the Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss collection.  The colors match perfectly!  Isn't this arrow "today" paper clip adorable?  It's in the FF kit.


I love these cute foam words...there's a whole sheet of them in the kit.  I added a bit of tissue paper under my photo and then layered my die cut leaves under and around it.  I added a bit of gold and aqua thread under the photo as well.


I drew the word "hunt" by hand and then fussy cut it out.  I used gelatos to color it and paired it with some very old alpha stickers from my stash.  They were the perfect color!  I love how these die cut leaves turned out...such a fun design element!


I love these bits from the kit!  The gold puffy hearts....swoon!  Those felt leaves...so gorgeous!  And the big transparent circle....yes, please!  I stapled it to white cardstock so the color wouldn't be compromised by the background.  There are a few different colors of these in the kit.


I hope you'll give this awesome kit a try....it has so many fun bits and pieces in it!  And the colors are just gorgeous.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment: