Saturday, November 14, 2015

Love This Day / My Mind's Eye

It's the weekend....yay!  I hope you all are able to relax and get in some crafty time this weekend.  Today I'm sharing my latest layout for My Mind's Eye.  I'm still in love with the On Trend collection, and I decided to use it with a few bits and pieces from the My Story collection.  A lot of this page contains cut outs from the large frameables booklet.

I wanted this to be bright, airy and light.  The colors in the On Trend line just scream those things to me, so I didn't want to go too bold with my mixed media or my background.  I started with some My Colors Cardstock in Snowbound and the "Sweet" Scroll paper with all those pretty flowers.  I added a bit of white gesso so I could add just a little bit of color to the background.  I used the packaging technique and used some Shimmerz Spritz in Caribbean Sunset to add that light coral color.  Then I used Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine to add some gold splatters.  The big "love" and those flowers near it were all fussy cut from one of the frameables.



This cute little banner sticker is from My Story, and it matches perfectly.  I used another piece of a frameable to layer here (the green piece) and a piece of one of the 3x4 cards with shiny gold and white stripes.  Gold stitching was a must on this page :)  I think using black and white photos really makes everything really stand out without being overwhelming.


I love the texture of the My Colors Cardstock...it takes mixed media well, and I love how it looks and feels.  I added a few On Trend brads to the centers of these flowers.  MME always does such a beautiful job with brads!


Finally, I combined some of the round My Story alpha stickers with some Thickers from my stash for the title.  My journaling fit perfectly right under it.  I love the mix of these beautiful colors!


I hope this inspires you to create something light and airy...and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment