Thursday, November 12, 2015

Merry Chrithmuth / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends! I'm SO excited to share my first layout using the 2015 November Hip Kits! They truly are one-of-a-kind and so gorgeous! There are so many exclusive pieces this month that you can only get in these kits. I decided to scrap this cute picture of my daughter from a few years ago at Christmas time. She was missing her two front teeth, and so my title reflects that...haha!

I started with a sheet of white cardstock from the Cardstock Kit and the striped Pinkfresh Studio paper from the Main Kit. I added some white gesso first and then used the exclusive stencil and Silver Metallic Paint Dabber from the Color Kit to create those little silver circles. Then I used a few gelatos from my stash to give a little bit of teal watercolor to the background. I used a few of the 3x4 cards from the Embellishment Kit as layers and several of the Pinkfresh die cuts. 



I absolutely love the mix of alphas this month! These awesome red October Afternoon letters look awesome mixed with the Pinkfresh Studio puffy alphas. Aren't the reds and teals so pretty together?


Here are some of the exclusive pieces from the kits. These silver glitter puffy stickers are just perfect for a Christmas layout. These acrylic die cut stars also add the perfect touch. 

 
I just had to use this cute little squirrel...something about him reminded me of teeth...haha! I thought of him using his teeth to eat an acorn, and it reminded me of Reese not having any teeth at the moment. Does that even make sense? :D I also loved the color of the squirrel.
 


Here you can also see those pretty silver circles from the stencil. I also used some of the My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots.  Finally, here's a look at the bottom cluster. I brought in each of the colors used in the top portion of the layout here. I just love these acrylic die cut pieces...they're so different than any other embellishment we've ever had! So unique and pretty.
 

Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I put this layout together from start to finish. I hope it inspires you in some way!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment