Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Best / Hip Kit Club

Happy Sunday, friends!  I have another layout so share today for the Hip Kit Club :)  This is my fifth layout using the 2015 October Hip Kits, and I still have lots of product left over.  I used one of Nicole Nowosad's cut files for my background design.  I chose four patterned papers from the kit and cut a bunch of these cute little flower shapes.  I scattered them around the page, adhered them down and then went over a lot of it with white gesso.  I used the Prima Watercolor Pencils to add that darker teal color in.

The embellishments are a mix of Pink Paislee and Pebbles.  I really love the mix of colors here...definitely something I probably wouldn't have done if not for the kit!


I used the excess paper that I had on my Cameo cutting mat as a stencil and I traced a few more flower shapes using the pencils.  I love how they turned out!  I used some of the Heidi Swapp enamel dots here and some of the cute Pink Paislee sentiment stickers.


I used some of the Pink Paislee clear stickers from the Memorandum collection here and some of the Pebbles washi tape.  My title is a combo of Evalicious puffy alphas and the Dear Lizzy Thickers.


I love the layering of these pieces here...they were all perfect for this layout!  I especially love the bits of gold here.  I did ad some gold machine stitching for an extra pop of shine.


Here's one more close up of the die cut background...it was really fun cutting these shapes in different sizes and overlapping them around my photos.  I also traced around a few of them with a black pen.


Here's my process video for this page if you'd like to see how it came together.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. wow!!! I cannot wait to try this on a layout. I love your pages:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! I cannot wait to try this on a layout. I love your pages:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Missy! Such a pretty palette, and I adore all those little, flower shapes and happy, phrase bits!

    ReplyDelete